Trend Hunters top 20 trends in 2011 (and mine)
Happy 2011 everybody, thought you might like to see some of the trends predicted by Trend Hunter. Personally I think the following:
- Much hotter competition/spending in the social media space as agencies/brands hone their skills.
- A lot more interactive mobile based work will be produced as smart phones continue to prosper.
- Aggregation of social media spaces/apps. Basically brands/companies that succeed will allow / find ways to bring our different social spaces together, making it simper and painless to share / find content.
- More online platforms and less microsite thinking will emerge.
- Gaming (mobile in particular) will become a well used medium for education and interactive advertising.
- More activations and events being crowd sourced / organised online but acted out in the real world, e.g. flash mob sales events etc.
- Location based marketing will become very clever and accurate (Think of the rise of smartphones and Facebook Places)
- Ogilvy Cape Town will be the best at integrated above/below the line campaigns and change the world. (Slight bias as am working with them but can see no reason why not)
Thank you to you all for taking the time to read my ramblings and I wish you all a hugely successful, happy and inspirational 2011.