Heineken Italy and JWT have just releases a great case study showing how they managed to convince 1136 Italian soccer fans to miss the largest football match day in Italy (AC Milan vs Real Madrid), and instead show up to a classical music and poetry recital. The fans were then rewarded for their loyalty with a great surprise, watch the video clip above for the details.
Facts and outcomes
- 200 accomplices were involved
- 1136 Italian students, boyfriends and even journalists were pranked
- Event was broadcast live on Sky sports to 1.5 million people
- 10 million viewers heard about the event the next day on local news channels and MTV news
- The campaign had over 5 million unique page views across blogs, forums, and social networks